I love reading blogs. Plain and simple. I love seeing other people’s fashion and design ideas. There are so many wonderful blogs out there that sometimes it’s difficult to get an idea of who the blogger is other than just knowing their taste in fashion or decor. One of my favorite things to read on other blogs are little things about the lovely individual behind the blog; I really get a sense of who they are and that I know them a little better. So for you to get to know me a little better, here are 10 things you didn’t know:
1. I was a competitive swimmer for 15 years. I started at the age of five and grew up swimming with current Canadian Olympic swimmer Brent Hayden.
2. Yes, my hair is naturally this color. I’ve never dyed it, streaked it or done anything else to it. I just sit back and let the sun work it’s magic.
3. I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Kinesiology. Nerdy, I know, but having my blog has really given my creative side a time to shine.
4. I’m very indecisive. If I’m stuck between two things, I’ll buy both. It’s much easier that way.
5. I’m 5’11”; I know that’s really tall. I love heels but I love flats more…hence my obsession with Tory Burch ballet flats.
6. I’m in the process of applying to complete my Masters of Physical Therapy which will enable me to pursue a career as a physiotherapist.
7. I’m an only child and both of my parents are only children, meaning that I have the smallest family EVER. Needless to say I’m so thankful to have my sister-in-laws now.
8. Photography is my other passion. If I could choose a second profession, I’d be a photographer in a heart beat!
9. I used to be terrified of planes. I didn’t fly for 16 years, but I finally overcame my fear a couple years ago. Now I’ve caught the travel bug having been to Mexico, Las Vegas and Maui in the last year and a half.
10. I recently discovered that I have a gluten intolerance. The switch from regular grains to gluten free products hasn’t been easy but I feel a thousand times better! I can tolerate gluten on occasion, which usually involves freshly baked desserts; my weakness.